forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Link to CSS howto-structurer-dsl.html
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:18:50 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>El vie, 16-12-2005 a las 14:36 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
>

>>>BTW IMO we have to rethink the default url prefixing/rewriting!
>>>Since css support is based now on contracts they can be as well
>>>requested with *.fv files (like I have shown in the xhtml2 & dispatcher
>>>thread).
>>>
>>>...but since we rewrite e.g.
>>><forrest:css url="common.css"/>
>>><DEFANGED_link href="../themes/common.css" rel="stylesheet" title="common.css"
>>>type="text/css" />
>>>it is not possible to refer to a css fv that may resist in the same root
>>>like the request.
>>>
>>>e.g. the index-foo.fv has a type="css" meaning there is a match for
>>>index-foo.css, but we would not be able to match this since we rewrite
>>>it to "../themes/index-foo.fv". IMO we need an attribute to prevent this
>>>rewriting. like:
>>>
>>><forrest:contract name="branding-css-links">
>>><forrest:property name="branding-css-links-input">
>>> <css url="index-foo.css" rewrite="false"/>
>>></forrest:property>
>>></forrest:contract>
>>>
>>>Which will have to be outputted like:
>>><DEFANGED_link href="index-foo.css" rel="stylesheet" title="common.css"
>>>type="text/css" />
>>>
>>>After "forrest site" you would find
>>>root
>>>|--index-foo.html
>>>`--index-foo.css
>>>
>>>wdyt?
>>>

>>Can't we add a fallback to the current directory ? My previous
>>description should become :
>>
>>	*url* attribute indicates the name of the css file, the dispatcher
>>      searches for this file in the following order :
>>          o Does the css file exists in the *current *directory - if yes, use this
one.

>That is actually the problem, how do you determine this?
>
>Let me explain the problem a wee bit. Since we will generate the css
>from a *.fv file we not only have to test the existence of this file
>(*.fv) but as well that there is a type="css" in it. That means a
>"simple" locationmap lookup will not work this time, since we cannot
>assume that there is a type="css" part in the structurer, or?
>
>...hmm that made me think...
>
>Anyway if so then we have to use this file if not we have to ...
>

>>        * Does the css file exists in the following directory - if
>>
>>            yes, use this one :
>>
>>$PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/yourtheme/css/layout.screen.css
>>

>Actually I would like to add here as well a fallback before (testing
>whether there is a *.fv which determine the css) meaning in your xdocs
>structure you can define:
>root
>`--themes/someCss.fv
>
>which contains all the css contracts you are going to use. That would be
>before matching to the *static* css.
>
>In all resource/.../css dirs there only should be
>a) css contracts
>b) static css
>and *no* *.fv

Ok, whatever is the way you solve the problem, I think it's a good new
feature ;-) .
Start with the

rewrite="false"

And we'll see, maybe it's simple enough.
When it work we may think of a way to improve the fallback mecanism to remove the rewrite
attribute which may not be necessary...

>>          o Else, does the css file exists in the following directory -
>>            if yes, use this one :
>>
>>        $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer/resources/themes/yourtheme/css/layout.screen.css
>>
>>          o Else, does the css file exists in the following directory -
>>            if yes, use this one :
>>
>>        $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer/resources/themes/common/css/layout.screen.css
>>
>>Cyriaque,
>>

>The rest I agree.

The rest had not changed :-) .

Salutations,