forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Creating documentation (Re: Link to CSS howto-structurer-dsl.html)
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:16:13 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> Paul Bolger wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone explain how to link to an external CSS file from an .fv file?
>>

>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=113244185027121&w=2
>>
> Hi, Paul,
>
>    To summarise :
>
>    * The tag to include css file has the following syntax :
>
> <forrest:css url="layout.screen.css" media="screen|print"
> theme="themeName"/>
>
>    * url attribute indicates the name of the css file, the dispatcher
>      searches for this file in the following order :
>          o Does the css file exists in the following directory - if
>            yes, use this one :
>
> $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/yourtheme/css/layout.screen.css
>

>          o Else, does the css file exists in the following directory -
>            if yes, use this one :
>

> $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer/resources/themes/yourtheme/css/layout.screen.css

>          o Else, does the css file exists in the following directory -
>            if yes, use this one :
>

> $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer/resources/themes/common/css/layout.screen.css

>    * media attribute indicates to the browser the stylesheets to use
>      depending on the detination media :
>          o screen : the stylesheet is used with the browser displaying
>            the page on the screen,
>          o print - the stylesheet is used while printing the document -
>            or print preview...
>
>        (There is a bug with firefox, the bug is already declared twice
>        in bugzilla, so we are waiting...)
>
>    * theme attribute indicates to the browser for which theme this
>      stylesheet should be used, letting you add several css files
>      corresponding to different themes of the same page.

(this is a general comment not at all aimed at the authors of these
mails - since I'm in that group)

Why is it that people take the time to write clear documentation like
this but nobody puts it into a document?

Someone, please get this into documentation within the structurer
plugin. Note that it need not be the person who posts the solution,
maybe the person asking the question could help too.

(remember this is *not* aimed at people in this thread, it's a general
point that I often wonder about).

Ross