forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: SV: Using plugins with forrest as webapp
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:10:55 GMT
Claus Bech Rasmussen - TELMORE wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>Actually, "war" depends on "webapp". "war" copies across the
>>plugin stuff ito the war file, webapp doesn't.
>>So, what is happening is users are assuming that the "webapp"
>>target builds a complete webapp (reasonable assumption), but
>>in fact it doesn't
>>  you need to create the war file and have the servlet
>>container unpack it (or unpack it manually).
>>I don't see any reason why the build file cannot include the
>>plugin stuff for us, perhaps someon cane provide a patch for
> It seems that you should add something like this to the webapp target:
>     <for list="${project.required.plugins}" param="name">
>       <sequential>
> 	  <copy todir="${project.webapp}/plugins/@{name}">
> 	    <fileset dir="${build.plugins-dir}/@{name}"/>
> 	  </copy>
>       </sequential>
>     </for>
> (the war target is a bit greedy in my opinion, copying all available
> plugins over as opposed to just the required ones)

> However, the auto generated xmaps in {forrest:home}/project/build/tmp/
> must be modified to point to the right location of the plugin xmaps (or
> the plugins should be placed elsewhere)

They are created by an XSL during the startup process. Easy solution -
We could modify the XSL to take a parameter specifying where the plugins
are being placed. "corect" solution - make the locations of the plugins

> I've encountered other problems along the way - I'll do a write-up once
> I get to the bottom of it all.
> (Sorry for being so slow to follow up on this, but I'm on a "one day per
> week" contract looking at this)

Please do not appologise - nobody else is finding any time for this
right now, take as long as you need ;-). If you get stuck or want to
bounce ideas around just write a mail - oh wait that's exactly what you did!

View raw message