forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest Proxy Settings
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:18:42 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

> | The defaults should really be set in defaults.forrest.properties - not
> | in the forrest.build.xml (this goes for proxy.port as well).
>
> The proxy.poer setting was already there. The target is 'init-proxy' I
> assumed
> meaning 'initial proxy settings' and therefore default, to be overridden in
> project.properties. I'll take a look in defaults.forrest.properties.

All properties should be defined in a single place, for us that is
default.forrest.properties. Then we don't have to go hunting for the
default settings in multiple locations.

Sure, individual users can override in thiner projects
forrest.properties. However, having it in default.forrest.properties
allows site wide defaults to be easily set.

We should have spotted the proxy.port default on the original commit,
but clearly we didn't. No is the time to fix that.

Ross