forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <>
Subject Re: Forrest Proxy Settings
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:42:26 GMT
Hi Ivan,

    I have currently added the ability to set a user and a password to
cross an an authenticated proxy with forrest.
    I cannot test it because my proxy recognise me ;-) .

    If you want to test for me - it is not dangerous if we take care
;-)  - can you tell me the version of forrest you are using and I will
send you a file to replace...

Ross Gardler a écrit :

> wrote:
>> I see how to set the proxy host and proxy port in the
>> file.
>> Is  it possible to set the proxy username and proxy password as well?
>> # Sets the proxy host and proxy port
>> = proxyhost.proxydomain
>> proxy.port = 8080
>> # I would like to be able to include
>> proxy.username = myusername
>> proxy.password = myproxypassword
>> Does anyone know of a good work around or a solution?
> There is currently no known workaround. The solution is to add
> relevant properties to the file and use them in
> them when connecting.
> The required properties are:
> proxypassword
> Set the password for the proxy. Used only if the proxyUser is set.
> proxyuser
> Set the proxy user. Probably requires a password to accompany
> this setting. Default=""
> Another user reqested this a couple of weeks ago, but was not
> motivated enough to implement a solution. Cyriaque Dupoirieux promised
> to implement it, but has not, to date, found the time.
> If you want to tackle it then take a look at the init-proxy target in
> That is where the existing proxy properties are used. If you are not
> familiar with ant then see the manual entry for the setproxy task
> used:
> If you don't have the time/inclination to tackle this please raise an
> issue on JIRA and add these comments for whoever comes to tackle this.
> Ross

View raw message