forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest Proxy Settings
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:28:51 GMT
ivank2005@comcast.net wrote:
> I see how to set the proxy host and proxy port in the forrest.properties file.
>
> Is  it possible to set the proxy username and proxy password as well?
>
> # Sets the proxy host and proxy port
> proxy.host = proxyhost.proxydomain
> proxy.port = 8080
>
> # I would like to be able to include
> proxy.username = myusername
> proxy.password = myproxypassword
>
> Does anyone know of a good work around or a solution?

There is currently no known workaround. The solution is to add relevant
properties to the forrest.properties file and use them in them when
connecting.

The required properties are:

proxypassword
Set the password for the proxy. Used only if the proxyUser is set.

proxyuser
Set the proxy user. Probably requires a password to accompany
this setting. Default=""

Another user reqested this a couple of weeks ago, but was not motivated
enough to implement a solution. Cyriaque Dupoirieux promised to
implement it, but has not, to date, found the time.

If you want to tackle it then take a look at the init-proxy target in
FORREST_HOME/main/forrest.build.xml

That is where the existing proxy properties are used. If you are not
familiar with ant then see the manual entry for the setproxy task used:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/setproxy.html

If you don't have the time/inclination to tackle this please raise an
issue on JIRA and add these comments for whoever comes to tackle this.

Ross