forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xpath insertion point thought [was: cocoon: Fwd: Pull Parsing]
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:40:16 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a look on this but encountered some problems.
> All examples and the axis2 code assumes that you have jdk 5.0 installed,
> because they are using the javax.xml.stream package which is part of 5.0
> and the JAXP.
>
> We are using 1.4 for forrest and I have not tried with 5.0. Now I found
> http://woodstox.codehaus.org/ which is an Open Source StAX-compliant
> XML-processor written in Java.
>
> I really would like to play around with the OM in axis2 but am a wee bit
> lost what to do with the javax.xml.stream package.
>
> some ideas?

If it makes your life easier how about we make Forrest + Dispatcher
dependant on 1.5?

There are some good features in 1.5 that we will find useful and we are
increasing our use of Java quite a bt at present.

Java 1.5 has been out for a while and even if the dispatcher goes into
the 0.9 release it will be a further few months before we move to
requiring java 1.5. Furthermore, if anyone can't upate to 1.5 they would
still have the option of using skins until such a time as they can upgrade.

Ross