forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using plugins with forrest as webapp
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:19:01 GMT
Claus Bech Rasmussen - TELMORE wrote:
> I guess I must be missing something here - could anyone provide a
> pointer?

This is a known issue with no current workaround [1], it is scheduled to
be fixed in the next release.

We'd welcome your help, it should be relatively easy to fix, but none of
the current devs are using Tomcat in webapp mode so this is waiting for
someone to fix it.

We will, of course help point you in the right direction.

With that in mind here is a starter...

I've not examined the problem, but I would suggest that the "webapp"
target in our build.xml is failing to copy across the relevant plugin
files into a usable location. If you fancy tackling this I would sugest
  becoming familiar with how the webapp is currently built.

This may be a good issue to tackle on Forrest Friday [2] (this coming
Friday) when a dev is online to help debug the problem (I'll be online
on and off during the day, but almost certainly from about 3pm UTC for a
good few hours.

Ross

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-735
[2] http://forrest.apache.org/forrest-friday.html