forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: glossary of terminology (Was: Views)
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:32:17 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>>Already answered. ;-) Themer and Structurer are integrated components of
>>>the dispatcher. The first prototype implementation was called views,
>>>followed by the current version v2.
>>
>>I'd volunteer to write up the functions and definitions of the various
>>components, but I still don't understand. If we were to have a 'views
>>glossary' section do you think it should be a new doc, or stuck on the
>>end of one on the existing ones, howto-structurer-dsl, for instance?
>

> I reckon that we should have a new doc which is
> a glossary of all terms, including the "Dispatcher"
> terminology.

+1

> How should we do that? Perhaps a normal doc with a
> separate section for each term, with a nice section Id
> to enable easy linking and reference.

I created a glossary DTD some time ago. I used it to create a glossary
and created some scripts to create automated linking. It allows for
multiple definitions, links to more info, citations, abreviations etc.

Of course I also created a stylesheet to convert to XDoc.

Are we interested? If so I could knock up a quick input plugin for this
(not sure when I'll get time, but should be within a week or so, in the
meantime I'll put the DTD's, stylesheets etc. in an issue so someone
else can do it if they have time.

Ross