forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Views
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:22:58 GMT
David Crossley a écrit :

>Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>

>>Paul Bolger wrote:
>>

>>>[indent html]  Where would one put the indent="yes" attribute to get
>>>Forrest to output indented html?
>>>

>>I'm unable to recall any such attribute in views right now. It _is_ possible
>>to use JTidy to indent the generated HTML -- but the last time I tried it, I
>>ran into some problems. More details on this later. For now, I'd say you are
>>better off just running tidy on your own, after Forrest is done generated the
>>HTML.
>>

>This is the job of the HTML Serializer.
>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/default/html-serializer.html
>I see that there is an "indent" parameter.
>
>Try adding that to your sitemap components declaration
>main/webapp/sitemap.xmap line 191

I tried to add :
    <map:serializers default="html">
      <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
        <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd</doctype-system>
        <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
       * <indent>yes</indent>*
      </map:serializer>
But it's not indenting anything :-( ...
I think this point is important because the generated HTML is nearly
unreadable and the HTML Tidy always gives the same line for warnings -
because the code is nearly generated in one line...