forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PHP plugin (was Re: Quick way to skin php-files?)
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:13:46 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>>> It just transform the <php> and </php> tags into *<?php* and *?>*...
>>> In fact, I have created an output plugin for php format.
>>> This plugin match php extension file in order to generate the skinned
>>> HTML and clean the <php> and </php> tags between which I put php
calls.

>>> On the paper it was simple, my problem is the horible performance I
>>> get to generate the skinned HTML.
>>> With the Cocoon Profile I get :
>>> 1     file /src=/cocoon://livres/livres.html     3031     3031     3031
>>> 2     xslt /src=/resources/stylesheets/php/document2php.xsl
>>> 46     46     46
>>>
>>> to get a php file whereas it takes arround 100 to get a "normal"
>>> skinned HTML page...
>>>

>> Can you check this in the whiteboard area, please (if you want).
>>
>> It seems to be from wider interest to our community and it would be nice
>> to have it in our code base.
>> WDOT?
>>

> Thank you, Thorsten, for your interest, I needed it to connect to my
> MySql DB and to generate tables from specific queries...
> I am waiting for the others answer and I will commit in whiteboard if
> the vote is OK.

No need for a vote for whiteboard content, just chuck it in there.

By definition whiteboard stuff is not supported by the Forrest
community, so people use it at their own risk. If something in
whiteboard gets enough community support then it will migrate into
trunk. That move would be where we take a vote.

Ross