forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Writing generated page to disk in "forrest run"
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:23:05 GMT
Isn't feedback grand. This idea came from a comment
on another mailing list. Good on you for following
through Ross.

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Comments?

The idea is fanstastic.

I do have one concern. First some background.

See the new FAQ:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html#crawler

The user (not knowing exactly how Forrest works)
had changed the only link, to point to an offsite
page instead. Therefore the local document stopped
being processed by the 'forrest site' command, yet
looked fine in 'forrest run' mode. Calamity.

So my concern is that users will forget to link
the new document into the system. Perhaps we can
automatically add a default link (perhaps to a
supplementary site.xml) and issue a warning to
the console.

-David