forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating documentation (Re: Link to CSS howto-structurer-dsl.html)
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:19:40 GMT
Calmbach, Richard wrote:
> [...]

As you can imagine, this topic comes up often. We need
to document our procedure better.

Here is one such thread. It leads to some others.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112277292100003

Instead of putting effort into installing and managing a Wiki,
we would rather put that effort into using Apache Lenya.

However, as discussed before, what is wrong with using the
current procedure like just happened for the forrestbot.html
and is gradually happening for the Dispatcher documentation?

You talk about "central place for documentation of latest code".
That is http://forrest.apache.org/docs/
and for the bleeding edge, it is at:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/
... and top-level documents are updated too, e.g.
http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html

-David