forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto-custom-html-source
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:53:51 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Paul Bolger wrote:
> > I've been trying to get this to work, and I'm not sure what's going
> > wrong. I'll explain what I'd like to be able to do: I'd like to point
> > at a directory, and it's subdirectories, processing all html files so
> > that all content outside a #content div is stripped.
>
> Ah, that comment indicates a basic misunderstanding
> about how Cocoon operates. It doesn't actually process
> directories [1]. Rather it handles requests. Depending
> on the components of the URL, the sitemap will respond
> by matching certain patterns.
>
> You need a project sitemap (or plugin if it is common
> functionality) to intercept the specific matches that
> you want to transform. Any matches that remain are handled
> by the guts of forrest.
>
> Some of our documentation explains how to handle specific
> matches. As usual our docs need attention. This doc
> is close, but you need to wade through the example that
> it points to, because only part of that is relevant.
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/project-sitemap.html
>
> Basically you need a project sitemap.xmap like this
> where "this-tree" is the directory tree to which
> you want to apply special processing ...
>
> <map:match pattern="**/this-tree/**.xml">
>  <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}/this-tree/{2}.html" />
>  <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/myStripContent-to-document.xsl"
/>
>  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>

Of course, that should be <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>

Also your "myStripContent" transformer could probably
just remove the bits that you don't want and then follow
it with the forrest html transformer. So ...

<map:match pattern="**/this-tree/**.xml">
 <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}/this-tree/{2}.html" />
 <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/myStripContent-to-html.xsl" />
 <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl"/>