forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot webpp
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:58:29 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I've been playing with the Forrestbot webapp for one of my
> installations. I'd completely forgotten about this cool little
> application. It needs more work but, nevertheless, it is cool.

Definitely. I had it set up once before, primarily
using Jetty but also had a test Tomcat.

This was on Apache Gump's old machine brutus.apache.org
where i hit FOR-422 - perhaps we would also see that
on the Solaris of our zone machine. Lets see.

There is one problem when using both cronjobs and the
webapp interface. I had to add some code to the UNIX
shell script that invokes forrestbot so that it didn't
try to start a build if it was already running. There is
discussion in the archives about that and i think that
i still have the old config from brutus.

> I think we should use it on our zone. I'm confident enough to set up a
> basic Tomcat, but I'm not familiar with the security issues with it on
> the zone. Nor do I know how to make it start as a service when the zone
> is restarted.

We already need to do a manual start of Apache HTTP Server
after reboot, so one more won't hurt. Of course we need
to fix it all properly. There are notes about this at
f.a.o/zones.html