forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xhtml2 and the dispatcher
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 02:42:30 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> I had a look at the current xhtml2 plugin and that raised some
> questions:
>
> a) when I started the only thing I saw where xhtml2 comes into the game
> is in the document-to-xhtml2.xsl. Meaning we only have to deal with
> xhtml2 documents to transform and not internal stuff like navigation,...
>
> b) this thought is contradicted by the internal.xmap pipe where I can
> find:
> <map:transform src="{lm:transform.xslt.xhtml2.html}"/>
> Meaning the xhtml2 plugins really awaits xhtml2 output.
>
> That is actually not like I thought multiple format structurer will
> work. ... [ snip ]

Don't worry too much about what the existing "xhtml2"
plugin does. Remember that it started life during one
ForrestFriday as a way to start working on xhtml2
in the core. It was done as a quick plugin to get us
started without disrupting the trunk or other plugins.
Ross copied over a swag of sitemap matches from the
old "views" plugins. So i wouldn't be suprised if it
is confusing and contradictory.

Didn't someone already say that the only things of
interest were a couple of stylesheets and the xhtml2
sample doc.

-David