forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest Friday
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:14:11 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> >As for topics, I suppose with Thorsten's recent email, it appears it
> >might be a good time to take another whack at XHTML2 in core.
>
> Personally, I don't feel that task is clearly defined enough yet.
> Furthermore, there have been way too many changes in the structurer
> recently for most of use to catch up in time to have any meaningful
> contribution by next Friday.
>
> I'd rather focus on finishing FOR-200, it's nearly complete and, once we
> finish it, we can do a 0.8 release.

It is one of the things that need to be done for
the release.

Another is the memory usage issue.
Another is the Cocoon cache logging issue.

Those two are probably not FirstFriday topics.
However, they will take some collaboration.

> >Also, moving many JIRA issues to a 0.9 fix or later.
>
> Yes, this would also be part of the 0.8 release needs.
>
> Any other views on what the topic should be?

I am happy to devote the rest of the time to Jira
cleanup. That is something that many can assist with.
Some discussion would need to happen on the mail list
for decisions about which issues to address for 0.8

-David