forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Coocon Debugging Feature
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:42:18 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Add the relevant snippet to
> FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/WEB-INF/forrest.xconf

Hmm. I checked both .7 and head and found only cocoon.xconf in this
directory. Since that only includes the file xconf/forrest-core.xconf,
I tried adding the snippet there:

<!--+
    |  This is the Apache Cocoon configuration file. This is the place
    |  where you configure the components that Cocoon uses internally (stuff
    |  like the cache) or handles to the pipeline components
    |  (stuff like XML parsers or XSLT processors).
    +-->

    <component role="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapExecutor" class="org.apache.cocoon.profiler.debugging.SimpleSitemapExecutor"/>

<!--+
    | cocoon-template and cocoon-template-expression block
    | config - start
    +-->

Then I seeded a new Forrest, ran Jetty and browsed the site.
Unfortunately I see no debug-messages on the Jetty console. Am I
missing something?

> Please add it (commented out) along with a brief description to the file
> in SVN, that sounds really useful.

Will do once we get it working.

> [OT] How did your talk go?

        I think it went very well. A lot more people from outside of Apache
        and a very interested audience that asked many questions.

Regards,
Ferdinand Soethe

--
Ferdinand Soethe