forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] v2 will be not working anymore
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:10:07 GMT
El dom, 18-12-2005 a las 13:15 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > To "just" create v3 was much more efficient and demonstrates the
> > strength of the dispatcher.
>
> And using these version numbers is getting very confusing and
> misleading. You are using major version numbers and we haven't even
> moved out of whiteboard yet. It should really be 0.3 and why use the "v"
> when it is no longer acalled views.
>
> All this is just confusing.

Yeah, agree.

v3, because it is views version 3. Why version 3 and not 0.3? We had
three major changes in the plugin regarding the underlying
architecture.

Maybe we should rename v3 to dispatcher when we finished rewriting the
pelt contracts.

> >>I'm thinking, branch, hack, test, merge.
>
> +1
>
> > Actually I was faster. ;-) There is v3 in the trunk which is working
> > with the new dispatcher transformer. I have not announced it because
> > till now it supports only the common theme and not yet the pelt theme
> > (we need to port the remaining contracts to v3). Another point is that I
> > want to base v3 on xhtml2 documents instead of xdocs. I am working ATM
> > on this.

Actually v3 supports now xhtml2 the only thing missing before the big
cleanup of Ross confusion ;-) (removing all view related stuff and add
the final dispatcher plugin) is the pelt theme update.

> Oh, well... for future reference I am with Mark on this one (as I was
> when you started the v2 work).

Hmm, ok I will consider it in the future.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"