forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xpath insertion point thought [was: cocoon: Fwd: Pull Parsing]
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:03:07 GMT
El lun, 12-12-2005 a las 13:40 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had a look on this but encountered some problems.
> > All examples and the axis2 code assumes that you have jdk 5.0 installed,
> > because they are using the javax.xml.stream package which is part of 5.0
> > and the JAXP.
> >
> > We are using 1.4 for forrest and I have not tried with 5.0. Now I found
> > http://woodstox.codehaus.org/ which is an Open Source StAX-compliant
> > XML-processor written in Java.
> >
> > I really would like to play around with the OM in axis2 but am a wee bit
> > lost what to do with the javax.xml.stream package.
> >
> > some ideas?
>
> If it makes your life easier how about we make Forrest + Dispatcher
> dependant on 1.5?

Hmm, that is ATM for myself sadly not possible since I am in to many
project where I cannot yet use 5.

> There are some good features in 1.5 that we will find useful and we are
> increasing our use of Java quite a bt at present.
>
> Java 1.5 has been out for a while and even if the dispatcher goes into
> the 0.9 release it will be a further few months before we move to
> requiring java 1.5. Furthermore, if anyone can't upate to 1.5 they would
> still have the option of using skins until such a time as they can upgrade.

Yeah, anyway I think we should take one step at a time and first finish
the dispatcher with a DOM implementation (like it is right now). I have
created an interface so it will be easy to later on switch to a StAX
implementation.

wdyt?

--
thorsten