forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleaning up v2 - preparing a dispatcher release
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:25:22 GMT
El lun, 05-12-2005 a las 14:07 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
> Thorsten,
>
> When will I have to change my *.fv and my contracts ?
> I mean, when will I have to update my :
>               <forrest:property name="nav-section-toc" nugget="get.tov">
>                 <jx:import
> uri="cocoon://#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.toc.xml"/>
>               </forrest:property>
> by the contract attribute :
>         dataURI="cocoon://#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.toc.xml"

> And when will I have to use standalone contracts ?

That is the point we need to discuss right now ;-) In theory we can
start to rewrite the whole plugins (themer/structurer) into one that can
do both. I removed lots of code by the move from v1 to v2, but now we
will have remove at least 75% or more.

Having all said I am unsure whether I should start this work in v2 or in
a new plugin. The problem I see to do it in the v2 plugins, is that I
will 100% screw the plugins and you will not be able to use them anymore
(for a certain time).

There is one way to do it without major problems. We can use the
contract fallback mechanism. That means we just rewrite all contracts
and *.fv in the v2 template-site "locally" and not in the themer plugin.
This way it is possible to support both till we finished the rewrite.

BTW I checked in a testing pipe (output.xmap), where you can test your
views and rewrite them (localhost:8888/test.*). One really good thing
coming with the move to java is the error handling. You will see and
know the difference. ;-)

> At the moment, I am waiting for you because you change so many things
> that I don't want to investigate on such or such problem whereas you may
> totally change the way it works.
> (That is I don't want to correct something like a pipeline or a
> stylesheet whereas you are going to remove it ;-) )

Jeje, yeah I totally understand and thank you very much to sticking with
me all this refactoring time. It would be nice if you can give me
feedback to the localhost:8888/test.dispatcher. It is using 2 contracts
not more, but you will get the idea what changed (you did the pelt.fv,
so I am taking you as an expert).  ;-)

One open point is still the css linking. I have not come to write a
generic css-contract to get rid of forrest:css. That we need to do first
otherwise we can not move on.

Thanks for your feedback.

salu2

--