forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Cleaning up v2 - preparing a dispatcher release
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:08:56 GMT
Hi all,

how should we proceed for cleaning up v2?

I will soon commit a first working version of the DispatcherTransformer.
That means that 75% of the pipelines in structurer/themer will be gone.
I would like to use this opportunity and create the final internal
plugin (dispatcher) which should replace skins and old views (incl. v2).
I want to write this plugin from scratch (meaning to add pipeline by
pipeline).

This plugin should contain the structurer and themer as components but
not anymore as 2 separate plugins. Further since the markup of contracts
have changed I want to use the opportunity to base the dispatcher
internally completely on xhtml2. Meaning all contracts are expecting
xhtml2 and *not* xdocs as source format.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"