forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:00:25 GMT
El lun, 05-12-2005 a las 14:38 +0930, Paul Bolger escribiĆ³:
> Hi all
> Finally had a chance to mess around with V2, which brings up a few
> questions. Rather than sending a heap of emails it might be easier to
> suggest thread titles with each question.
>
> [views: .fv files] Is there a way to specify one .fv file for multiple
> input files, or does every page need an individual file?

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@forrest.apache.org/msg01218.html

(NOTE: default.fv is now common.fv!!!)

> [views:modify html classes] I'm trying to work out where css classes
> are being inserted, specifically in content-main.ft, because I'd like
> to modify local versions to skip a lot of the superfluous ones.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-structurer-dsl.html#cssstructurer

(NOTE: the css inclusion will change. The forrest:css will be gone once
we release the first implementation. Then the css linked/or inline have
to be requested by a contract.)

> [views: no css] Is there a way, yet, to set views to produce no css at
> all? I notice there was some discussion about this a few months ago,
> but couldn't find any reference to it happening.

Like always in forrest: You get what you define. ;-)

Seriously, till now there is a fallback, if no forrest:css is defined in
the *.fv then the common.fv will be inserted. As soon as you add *one*
forrest:css *only* this get linked/included.

> [indent html]  Where would one put the indent="yes" attribute to get
> Forrest to output indented html?

We are using the XHTML serializer and *not* the html one David gave the
link for. Please see the internal.xmap of the structurer.

> [views: naming]  I'm confused! Themer, v2, structurer, views,
> dispatcher  - are these all the same thing?

Already answered. ;-) Themer and Structurer are integrated components of
the dispatcher. The first prototype implementation was called views,
followed by the current version v2.

> [apache copyright] Finally, and this is probably heresy, is it really
> necessary for all the config files to have a whole screen of Apache
> copyright/disclaimer info at the top? Can't it be one line at the top
> and more at the bottom?

Already answered.

salu2
--