forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest:hook vs. direct markup - should we drop the hook concept?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:35:15 GMT
El vie, 02-12-2005 a las 15:48 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
> Tim Williams a écrit :
> >I mean two different contracts that were to be bound together on the
> >output (e.g. nav-section and search-input).  For output purposes they
> >need to be "contained" together somehow -- accomplished through a
> >hook->div right now (or at least it was).
> >

> Correct, but the question of thorsten was - I think - do we need to have :
>       <forrest:hook name="MyOwnHook">
> Or simply :
> <MyOwnHook>
> </MyOwnHook>

Exactly, thx Cyriaque.

> By the way, I have made a test on my fichier.fv (replace all my
> forrest:hook tags by the direct tag - just to see what the file looks like)
> And I have no conclusion :-P .

Jeje, it is actually not supported till now. I wanted to know whether it
make sense to use direct markup instead of hooks before implementing it.

> I mean, with the direct tags inclusion, the file is smaller but in fact,
> I am not sure it is easier to read...

That is one point in favor for hooks, there are many more but I do not
want to influence the decision making process with features that exist
only in the back of my head. ;-)

salu2
--
thorsten