forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <>
Subject Re: improving menus and linking (Was: vague issues with Forrest use)
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:43:50 GMT
Not quite sure why this is off in a different thread, but: (continuing
the 'vague issues with Forrest use' discussion) if this has already
been implemented isn't there a case for making the
'' the default, and letting those who
need extra flexibilty choose the other option if they need it?

I've read the documentation on linking and I admit I'm yet to be
convinced why putting an extra layer of translation into links is

 I have never used it, but i think that that is already
> possible. Look in a from a seed site:
> The former is the default.

> Directory-based selection
> However site.xml has two functions: menus and linking.
> -David

Paul Bolger
19 Raggatt St
Alice Springs