forrest-dev mailing list archives

From mueller....@gmx.net (Fabian Müller)
Subject Re: docbook documentation splittet in several chunk
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:53:28 GMT
Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> writes:

>> 1) I would like to have numbers for each chapter. These numbers
>> should
>> be added to the table of contents. Additional numbers for the sections
>> would be great as well.
>
> Patches to docbook2xdoc in the simplified-dovbook plugin are welcome.

Yes, they are most welcome even :-)

Thanx for your link to the relevant part of the docu which explains
how to set the max depth in the toc. It works now.

>> 3) The last but very important issue is this one: I included the GPL
>> as an appendix to the documentation but the appendix is not mentioned
>> in the table of contents. Furthermore there is no heading for the
>> appendix like "Appendix A" or something like that. The appendix is
>> just attached to the end of the documentation. On
>> http://openpbx-docs.org/tutorial.html you can see that a link to
>> appendix A (the GPL) is available in the table of contents and that
>> there is the heading "Anhang A. GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE" above
>> appendix A.
>
> Sounds like the tag use to identify the appendix is not processed by
> the docbook2xdoc.xsl. Patches welcome.

It appears that the tags <legalnotice> and <copyright> are not
processed as well. I have this part in my docbook source:

<bookinfo>
  <title>OpenPBX Tutorial</title>
  <copyright>
    <year>2005</year>
    <holder>Fabian Müller</holder>
  </copyright>
  <legalnotice>
    <para>
      This manual is free software; you may redistribute it and/or
      modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public
      License. Please refer to the license in Appendix A, GNU General
      Public License.
    </para>
  </legalnotice>
</bookinfo>

The problem is that neither the text "This manual is free software
..." nor the copyright notice is shown in the output. These things
should be placed at the top of the documentation as you can see it
here: http://www.openpbx-docs.org/tutorial.html

This could be fixed in the patch as well if anybody is willing and
able to write one.

Fabian Müller