forrest-dev mailing list archives

From mueller....@gmx.net (Fabian Müller)
Subject Re: docbook documentation splittet in several chunk
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:15:20 GMT
Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> writes:

> OK, a single document, unskinned by Forrest. You never said you want
> it unskinned (or at least I never noticed).

To be sure what you mean by "skinned by Forrest" I created a photo
composition: http://www.openpbx-docs.org/very-nice.jpg
Well, I think that looks very nice and if it's possible to create a
page in this way I would like to do this.
But I am interested in how the unskinned way could be accomplished as
well.

> However, because you want this unskinned you don't want Forrest
> processing your files at all. What you want is something like:
>
> <map:match pattern="mypattern.html">
>    <map generate="my/docbook.xml"/>
>    <map:transform src="my/docbook-to-XHTML.xsl"/>
>    <map:serialize type="html"/>
> </map:match>

I tryed several things but still cannot get it to work. I still use
absolute pathnames to eliminate the possibility to make a mistake with
the pathnames. But thanx for the advice Ross.

First I had to change <map generate="my/docbook.xml"/> in your example
to <map:generate src="my/docbook.xml"/>. The first version gives this
error message when I try to access the tutorial:

Invalid namespace '' at file:/home/fabian/homepages/openpbx-docs.org/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap:7:106

In my sitemap.xmap I tryed a lot of different configurations. Here is
one of them:

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
 <map:pipelines>
  <map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="tutorial.html">
   <map:generate src="/home/fabian/homepages/openpbx-docs.org/src/documentation/content/xdocs/tutorial.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/chunk.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:pipeline>
 </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

When I try to access tutorial.html I get a blank page.
When I try to access index.html I get the following error message:

Must set a generator before setting serializer 'html' at [unknown location]

When I take out "<map:serialize/>" the error message disappears and
the blank page persists.
When I replace
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/chunk.xsl
by
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/xhtml/docbook.xsl
I get the documentation in one page again.
I also tryed to replace
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/chunk.xsl
by
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/xhtml/chunk.xsl
but it did not change anything.

I tryed a lot of other things but nothing worked.

BTW: Is it necassary to restart the Jetty server each time after I
made a change to sitemap.xmap?

Fabian Müller