forrest-dev mailing list archives

From (Fabian Müller)
Subject Re: docbook documentation splittet in several chunk
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:48:24 GMT
Ross Gardler <> writes:

>>>When I try to access tutorial.html I get a blank page.
> This is probably due to the html serialiser not being able to cope
> with the fact that your XSL outputs XHTML.
> As a test try just using <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> Some browsers will render this correctly, others will not, it depends
> on whether they respect the mime type header.
> However, even if not rendered correctly you should see the XHTML as an
> XML document. Does this work?

The result is that I get a page with a bright yellow background and a
thin red border and this error message:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://localhost:8888/tutorial.html
Line Number 1, Column 44:

I have no idea what to do with this message. I am not sure if it's
important in this context but the first three lines in tutorial.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.4//EN"

The same message is shown with this line:
<map:transform src="/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/xhtml/chunk.xsl"/>
instead of
<map:transform src="/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/chunk.xsl"/>

View raw message