forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: how to include additional classes (e.g. from sdocbook)
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:03:27 GMT

Ross Gardler schrieb:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I am too busy atm to show you the commit messages regarding this
>> issue. I only have in the back of my head some committs around this
>> topic stating, what said.
>>
>> If I have this issue wrong in my head then sorry, but AFAIK .codefrag
>> literal{}
>> stands for:
>> class="codefrag" element="literal"
>

> Yes, but can 't the CSS also have:
>
> .codefrag {
> }
>
> .literal {
> }
>
>> maybe better with a more explicit sample:
>> gives .codefrag p{}
>> which stands for class="codefrag" element="p"
>>
>> which would design all elements within e.g.
>>
>> ...or am I wrong?
>

> I think you are right, but the problem is one of naming conventions. The
> class elements must not be the name of a legal HTML element in order to
> avoid the side effect that Thorsten describes.

I haven't got this, do you mean something like

CSS is perfectly clear about this:
  elements without "." (dot)
  classes with "."
  (ids with "#")
e.g.
  p.code {font-family: courier;}
  code   {font-family: Helvetica;}
  #body  {font-family: Times}
should work fine.

Johannes

> Or am *I* wrong?
>
> Ross

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de