forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Summary] Recent proposals around v2
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:48:06 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 23-11-2005 a las 20:50 -0800, Diwaker Gupta escribió:
>
>>This is not in SVN yet right? Just confirming, because I don't see anything
>>yet... :)
>

> No, I had a simple transformer that was "just" transforming the
> contracts into the position where it could be found.
>
> I wanted to check that in but started to clean the code and added
> comments. Doing this I then started to apply recent proposals and it is
> not that easy. ;-) The challenge is to create a DOM result with SAX
> events out of attributes of contracts and the structure path of the
> hooks and then inject it again in the SAX result stream. I hope to have
> a first version ready after the weekend.
>

>>On Tuesday 22 November 2005 2:05 pm, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>
>>>Contract implementation
>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>1) contracts are now standalone, which means that they need to
>>>match="/".
>>
>>Sorry I don't think I follow the terminology here :( By stand-alone, you are
>>implicitly saying that earlier contracts depended on something else?
>

> Yeah, it was dependent from calls in the themer.html.xsl
> (xsl:call-templates name="*-body").
>
> Now you can see what I mean with following example:
> <map:match pattern="testContract.**">
>   <map:generate src="{dataURI}" />
>   <map:transform src="{contract.xsl}"/>
>   <map:serialize />
> </map:match>

Perhaps the contract production stuff should actually be a generator:

<map:match pattern="testContract.**">
   <map:generate type="contract">
     <map:parameter name="dataURI" value="..."/>
     <map:parameter name="contractURI" value="..."/>
   </map:generate>
   <map:serialize />
</map:match>

Another random idea for consideration, not a recomendation, I'm
wondering why you chose not to do it this way ;-)

Ross