forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Menu Overhead Problem (and an offer to fix it)
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:59:33 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>..
>

>>>However: It think it's debatable wether the new attribute is

>>I'm sorry, I really can't follow that at all, you've snipped my comment
>>and added a completely new meaning to it. Without the context I have no
>>idea what I was originally trying to say and therefore have no idea what
>>the point is you are making.
>

> Sorry if that was confusing. I was just trying to clarify where
> Thorsten, who I also quoted further down, had his point about
> touching core and adding that is was a debatable point.
>
> What made you think I was changing the meaning of your comment when I
> quoted it in full? Or was it my less formal way of quoting Thorsten?

I didn't necessarily think you were changing what I had said, despite a
statement to the contrary, I should have said "potentially". I only
itended to ask for clarification of your point - sorry.

It's just that I'm having a hectic email day and couldn't remember what
I had written so didn't know if you were saying the same as me or
something different, therfore I didn't know if I needed to respond.

I understand your point now and I don't need to respond. Thanks.

Ross