forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: showing or not showing a menu-item from site.xml
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:08:19 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
> if we want to have an attribute that determines whether to show or not
> to show a menu-item from site.xml then I suggest to use
> visibleinnav="true|false". c.p.
> <node id="cforms" visibleinnav="true">
>  <label xml:lang="en">CForms Doctype</label>
> </node>
> wdyt?

I do have a concern about using the @type attribute as suggested by
Ferdinand in his thread "Menu Overhead Problem (and an offer to fix it)"
I don't know what that attribute is for and have not yet seen an
explanation onlist. Reusing an attribute like this smells dangerous to me.

Your suggestion of @visibleinnav is not really suitable for the use case
Ferdinand outlines. He wants the element to only be visible when the
page is displayed, so when it is not displayed your element name would
be good, but when it is displayed the value of the attribute would be
ignored. The attribute name does not reflect this.

Do you have another use case in mind?

View raw message