forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DispatcherTransformer.java - Contract injection proposal (was Re: [RT] future of v2)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:04:40 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 16-11-2005 a las 16:24 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
>
>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>[WARNING - these are off the top of my head thoughts with very little
>>consideration - beware of deep potholes]

>>How about:
>>
>><content xpath="/html/body">
>>   <!-- the HTML generated by the contract -->
>></content>

> Assuming forrest:hook will be transformed to div id="test" the location
> would be
> xpath="html/body/div[@id='test']"
>
> I call this <content xpath="html/body"/> xpath structure aware, because
> it is more a xpath prefix then a fixed location.
>
> Now think you would add
> <content xpath="html/head">
>  <something/>
> </content>
>
> That should not be aware of the structure. It should be insert in the
> fixed location "html/head" otherwise you would get invalid markup.
>
> To solve this problem I would like to propose to add an attribute
> fixedLocation="true|false". So this makes
> <content xpath="html/head" fixedLocation="true">
>  <something/>
> </content>
>
> I propose to make the default fixedLocation="false". That means the
> content will be injected in the overall structure defined by the
> structurer (*.fv), the content is structure aware.

I only have a minor objection, and that is the name of the attribute. It
doesn't convey its meaning to me. How about one of these (or any other
you come up with)

@appendStructurePath

@appendStructure

@appendPath

@addStructurePath

@addStructure

@addPath

@structureAware

NOTE: some need us to flip the default value

Ross