forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] issues with wholepage
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:55:56 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> The wholepage.html|.pdf is not really a real good way to generate
> article/document aggregation/collection. It is to static (even with the
> given configuration options) and limited to only *one* aggregation.

Yes, but it is quick and easy if what you want is wholesite.

> It would be nice to see a document collection done with a structurer. It
> should be easy, one only have to include different content-main
> contracts. The only small problem will give the toc generation.

When I wrote my course notes I needed to create collections of notes
grouped by each lecture (1-3hrs) and by module (3-9hrs). I did it by
creating an XDoc with includes. This allows me to add lead in
information to the collection and where necessary to each section within.

I was very happy with this approach.

> The advantage is that you can create as many collection as you want. :)

What would the advantage be over the above XDoc with includes approach?

Ross