forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Publishing Our Site
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:26:13 GMT
Ross Gardler a écrit :

> crossley@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: crossley
>> Date: Tue Nov 15 15:26:03 2005
>> New Revision: 344476

>> Log:
>> Automatic publish from forrestbot
>

> Thanks David.
>
> I think we should all do this more often. David is the only one who
> ever publishes the site. The process is real easy, there is no excuse
> for the rest of us to not help out.
>
> So, when we make an important change to the site, lets also update the
> published version, there is a doc on how to do it in the etc folder.

What is the difference with updating the doc and committing ?

BTW in the publishing_our_site.txt (in /etc directory) there is a
warning with the call

    * forrest -f publish.xml deploy -Ddeploy.svn.commit-message="my
      commit message"

Explaining that the commit message is not taken into account.
I have seen the forrestant.sh and it is not included as a java argument
but as an ant parameter.
Maybe we should have :

    * a deploy-batch target which uses the default message
    * a deploy target which asks you to enter a commit message if
      deploy.svn.commit-message has no value.

Cyriaque,