forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@gardler.org>
Subject Target version numbers in Jira
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:45:35 GMT
I suggest that we stop adding target numbers to every issue in Jira. It
seems that we tend to put a fix version that represents what we would
like to see, but not what we can achieve.

We need  faster release cycle and one way to do this is to reduce the
expectations for each release.

So, I propose that we only put a fix version on something once we *know*
it will be going into the next release. In the long run this will save
us allot of time during the release process sorting out the issue tracker.

Note this does not mean it will take longer to get features into
Forrest, they will still happen when they happen. It just means we are
not continually updating fix release numbers and misleading our users.
For example, XHTML2 was originally scheduled for 0.6!

One exception to this rule should be any bug that is considered critical
or blocker will automatically go into the next release.

WDYT?

Ross