forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resume input plugin
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:49:12 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> I believe this plugin was being developed by Ross?

The initial stylesheets came from Ferdinand.

> I've used xmlresume before (after some modifications to their DTD) and now
> that the project is effectively dead, I can't rely on their stylesheets any
> more. So I'm starting to poke around the Resume plugin.

There are already some modifications to the DTD in the plugin too ;-)

> Right now if I do a 'forrest run' in the plugin directory, nothing useful
> really comes up. Ross do you have stuff lying around locally that you haven't
> committed yet? :-) Otherwise I'll try to throw in an example atleast and see
> what else needs to be done to make it better.

Hmmm... it seems I ever got around to moving the stuff Ferdinand and I
did for Apachecon into the plugin docs. It's funny I was ***so*** close
to berating Ferdinand for submitting a plugin with zero documentation. I
am so glad I didn't now you point this one out to me ;-)

I don't have the time to sort this out right now, but I will happily
send you (offlist, others who want it should ask) the Apachecon
presentation we did, you can extract the relevant parts from there. It
is only a few simple little resumes though.

I will also send you the source for my own "uber resume", which I use
for creating customised resumes for myself. This pretty much uses all
the features currently implemented and is based on views 1. However,
don't add this to the plugin (obviously), just use it to see what can be
done with the plugin, and if you get the chance create a similar demo in
the plugin docs.

Ross

Ross