forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r332743 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/docs_0_80/howto/howto-buildPlugin.xml
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:09:32 GMT
crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Sat Nov 12 00:25:44 2005
> New Revision: 332743

> Log:
> Notes about managing the plugins descriptors.

Now I see the problems:

> +        <p>
> +          The files plugins/plugins.xml and whiteboard/plugins/plugins.xml are
> +          the "Plugins Descriptor" files. Each plugin is described with its
> +          name, purpose, location, and version information. These descriptors
> +          are deployed to the forrest website so that your application can
> +          manage its plugins.
> +        </p>

No the descriptor is not used by Forrest to manage the plugins. It is
only there fore documentation purposes. The management information is in
the plugins build.xml file. The plugins.xml should really be auto
generated by the build script, but I have not had time to do this

> +        <ul>
> +           <li>Review the docs and ensure any version numbers in text are "0.7"</li>
> +           <li>Edit the skinconf.xml to ensure that all version numbers are "0.7",
e.g. the MOTD.</li>
> +           <li>Edit the plugins descriptor to ensure that the "forrestVersion"
is 0.7 and that the "version" is appropriate. </li>
> +           <li>Ensure that the "website" parameter includes "pluginDocs/plugins_0_70"</li>
> +           <li>Edit status.xml to set the release date. Ensure that the changes
notes are complete.</li>

ensure build.xml shows the right info.

> +        <p>
> +          Now the plugin gains functionality that binds it to 0.8-dev
> +          (e.g. converted to use locationmap) so ...
> +        </p>
> +        <ul>
> +           <li>Review the docs and ensure any version numbers in text are
> +             "0.8"</li>
> +           <li>Edit the skinconf.xml to ensure that all version numbers are
> +             "0.8-dev", e.g. the MOTD.</li>
> +           <li>Edit the plugins descriptor to ensure that the "forrestVersion"
is
> +             0.8 and that the "version" is incremented. </li>
> +           <li>Ensure that the "website" parameter includes "pluginDocs/plugins_0_80"</li>
> +           <li>Edit status.xml to add a new section and set the release date.
> +             Start adding changes notes.</li>

edit build.xml

Ross