forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:27:34 GMT
This mail is specifically aimed at Tim but may be relevant to others on
list:

I notice in the SVN log that Tim was considering whether to go to the
hackathon at ApacheCon or not. His concern was that he doesn't know
anyone on the attendees list.

First off, Tim, do you know Ferdinand is presenting. As far as I know he
is planning on attending the Hackathon as well - Ferdinand?

Second off, Anyone attending ApacheCon really should go. The Hackathon
is the most important part for committers (in my opinion). It is the
place to get to know a few people, so it is the place to go when you
don't know anyone.

You will find friendly faces all around you, many of them not yet
knowning anyone.

Lastly, if anyone else even remotely forrest related (user or dev) is
thinking of going please speak up, perhaps you folk can arrange to meet up.

Ross