forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docbook documentation splittet in several chunk
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:21:49 GMT
Fabian Müller wrote:
> Kevin <forrest@kegcl.demon.co.uk> writes:
>

>>I have used this docbook chunk.xsl before. I don't think forrest
>>could do what Fabian wants out of the box.
>

> Thank you for your reply Kevin.
>
> Probably I should give an example which shows what I want.
> This is what I have:
> http://www.openpbx-docs.org/index.html
> When you click on the "Tutorial" link you see the generated html
> documentation - everything in one page.

OK, a single document, unskinned by Forrest. You never said you want it
unskinned (or at least I never noticed).

> This is what I want:
> http://www.openpbx-docs.org/wunsch/html-doc/index.html
> This was created with the xsltproc command mentioned in my reply to
> Ross' posting.

The first thing I notice about this is that everything is in the XHTML
namesapce - that is why our html-to-document.xsl says it is not HTML,
because, well err... it's XHTML.

However, because you want this unskinned you don't want Forrest
processing your files at all. What you want is something like:

<map:match pattern="mypattern.html">
   <map generate="my/docbook.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="my/docbook-to-XHTML.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

That's it, much easier when you tell us you don't want it skinnned ;-)

Ross
<map:serialise