forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docbook documentation splittet in several chunk
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:08:24 GMT
Fabian Müller wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> writes:
>

>>>Does anybody know how I can create splited html files from one
>>>docbook source file? Thanx very much in advance.
>>
>>Please post the missing files to dev.
>

> Thank you for your reply. I attached
> /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/html/chunk.xsl and a shortened
> version of tutorial.xml to this message.

Since this XSL only includes other XSLs it doesn't really help much.

However, if I remember corectly this XSL outputs HTML from a docbook
source. If that is corect then you need to convert the output to our
internal format of XDoc otherwise Forrest doesn't know what to do with it.

We provide a stylesheet called html-to-document.xsl for this, so just
add a transform after your transform using the above XSL.

NOTE: HTML is not a very well structured document format (which is why
we cannot use it internally), the html-to-document.xsl does a pretty
good job of creating a structured document from HTML, but it has its
limitations.

Fortunately, docbook is a very well structured document format so you
may find it works OK. Try it and see what you get. Let us know how you
get on.

Ross