forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LaTeX output plugin
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 09:21:35 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Aziz Hammadi wrote:
>

>>welcome on board! I'll  try to get started with the plug-in structure
>>next week and make some suggestion for the LaTeX-Plug-in architecture.
>

> This is a really nice idea. I can't wait to see Latex-Quality
> printouts with proper pagination rolling out of Forrest.
>
> Does it make sense to base all transformations on XHTML2 (out soon to
> be meta-format) rather than document13?

I would love to say yes, but then the danger is not actually getting the
move to XHTML2 done. We keep agreeing it should be done (for around 2
years now), but we seem to be failing in actually tackling the job
because it is such a major task.

At present I am thinking the only way it will ever happen is if we have
a complete rewrite of Forrest from the bottom up.

Personally, I think the only way it is ever going to happen, with the
current method of working, is if an individual just does it. How long it
will be before one of us has that kind of time is anyones guess.

Therefore, I (that is, me as an individual, this is not necessarily the
view of the community) would recommend using XDoc for fear of waiting
forever to make XHTML2 usable.

Ross