forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: vague issues with Forrest use
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:35:06 GMT
Paul Bolger wrote:
>>Actually, I should say, I do think that partnering wth a CMS that does
>>this stuff is the way to go. Forrest should not attempt to become a CMS.
>

> My apologies for forking this discussion somewhat.
>
> I was more referring to using an Xforms or Cocoon forms interface to
> control linking, input document types, and site navigation.

Yes, and that is the function of a Content Management System, Forrest is
  an XML publishing framework not a CMS.

The Daisy plugin already provides full control over linking and site
navigation (not document types). The proposed Lenya plugin will do even
more if we ever get it off the ground (Lenya handles different doc types).

It doesn't seem to make sense to me to duplicate this work, instead we
should focus on a tighter integration with CMS systems. The Daisy plugin
shows the way (and it is *really* easy).

Ross