forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: machine spec for forrest run
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:59:48 GMT
Kevin wrote:
> Does anyone have a performance problem using forrest run.
> My test is on the main index page of seed-v2.

I'm not using views 2, so cannot comment directly. However, it is known
that there are lots of performance issues with views 2. The tentative
plan is to move much of the heavy XSL processing into Java components.
Most of the stuff that is done to bring the contracts together, for
example, need not be done with processor and memory intensive XSL
transforms.

In other words, performance has not been addressed yet.

Ross