forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@gardler.org>
Subject XSL duplication
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:33:29 GMT
I just noticed that we have loads of XSL duplication, especially in the
skins. I must have missed the commit that created these duplications.

All the XSLs were renamed from *2*.xsl to *-to-.xsl, but the original
*2*.xsl have been added back. We now have two version of very such XSL.

The commit message said it was to make the old views work. What should
happen is that old views should use the new XSL names, not that we
duplicate the XSL. It should only be a search and replace, but since
this wasn't done I suspect there may be a reason for it. What was that
reason?

(alternatively old-views should be converted to use the locationmap then
the name of the XSL is irrelevant - again, should just be a search and
replace).

Ross