forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: vague issues with Forrest use
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:00:56 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Paul Bolger wrote:

>> Point taken. Maybe this is another red herring, but would an Xforms
>> front end for site.xml be possible?
>

> Yes (or rather yes to Cocoon Forms). I've been thinking about this, on
> and off for a long time, but never really got started on it. The main
> problem is that I've so far failed to get Cocoon Forms running alongside
> Forrest.
>
> I do think this is the way to go since it would be self hosting within
> Forrest itself.

Actually, I should say, I do think that partnering wth a CMS that does
this stuff is the way to go. Forrest should not attempt to become a CMS.

For example, the Cocoon docs for 2.1.8 are (staging publication is at
[1]) is published from a Daisy CMS system [2]

[1] http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/index.html
[2] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/legacydocs/654.html

We have plans to do an even tighter integration with Lenya, but that is
not moving forward at any great pace right now.

Ross