forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: improving menus and linking (Was: vague issues with Forrest use)
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:20:30 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> I have never used it, but i think that that is already
> possible. Look in a forrest.properties from a seed site:
> #project.menu-scheme=tab_attributes
> #project.menu-scheme=directories

> The former is the default.

> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/linking.html#other-menu-selection
> Directory-based selection

> However site.xml has two functions: menus and linking.

As far as I was able to find out, that option will only influence what
tab is _selected_ depending of the directory that the current page is
in. It does _not_ make Forrest generate a directory-tree-based navigation
structure.

Yet I remember that Ross was pretty close to finishing a plug-in
for doing that last summer. Ross???

--
Ferdinand Soethe