forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject genericMarkup contract
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 05:02:19 GMT
Hi devs, Thorsten

I'm using the genericMarkup contract, and was wondering if it could be
simplified. In particular (and I copy this from index.fv in seed-v2), lets
say I want to insert a <hr/> somewhere in my template. For that, I need this
XML snippet:

	  <forrest:contract name="genericMarkup">
            <forrest:properties contract="genericMarkup">
              <forrest:property name="genericMarkup">
                <hr/>
              </forrest:property>
            </forrest:properties>
          </forrest:contract>

I find that way too verbose, and confusing. Why is <hr/> sitting in a
property?

And while I was looking at it, I had another question: since
<forrest:properties> is a child element of a <forrest:contract>, why do we
need that contract attribute? Is it possible to ever have the value of the
contract attribute be different than the name of the enclosing
forrest:contract?

Lets keep it simple! :-)

Diwaker
--