forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <>
Subject genericMarkup contract
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 05:02:19 GMT
Hi devs, Thorsten

I'm using the genericMarkup contract, and was wondering if it could be
simplified. In particular (and I copy this from index.fv in seed-v2), lets
say I want to insert a <hr/> somewhere in my template. For that, I need this
XML snippet:

	  <forrest:contract name="genericMarkup">
            <forrest:properties contract="genericMarkup">
              <forrest:property name="genericMarkup">

I find that way too verbose, and confusing. Why is <hr/> sitting in a

And while I was looking at it, I had another question: since
<forrest:properties> is a child element of a <forrest:contract>, why do we
need that contract attribute? Is it possible to ever have the value of the
contract attribute be different than the name of the enclosing

Lets keep it simple! :-)

On Apache:

View raw message