forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject do not switch themes via browser (Was: svn commit: r345206)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:25:31 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > +        <code>'forrest run'</code> and
> > +        point your browser to <code>http://localhost:8888/</code> and
you will see the default
> > +        dispatcher-based site. Use your browser's menu option "View -&gt; Page
Style" to switch
> > +        themes.
>
> Hmm, why did you add this note?

Want the developers to know immediately that themes can be applied.
The default "pelt" theme looks ghastly at the moment on Mac/Firefox
using unreadable fonts. Anyway, will follow your advice below.

> 1) this option is not in all browser

I thought that developers would figure it out.

> 2) if you use this option the theme switching is not 100% done that is
> the reason why we developed the theme switcher contract.
>
> The user should use the contract to switch themes.

Ah, i didn't know that. So should we not mention
the "theme switching via browser" at all?
Should we actively discourage its use?

-David