forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [reminder] choose a component for new issues
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:04:51 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> >Choosing a "Component" for new issues really does help some of us
> >browse the issues.  We have components called "Unknown" and "Other" so
> >there should be no excuses for not choosing one.
> >
> >Actually, it'd be even better if David or someone with the right karma
> >can look into this:
> >http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.3.2/issuefield_configuration.html#Required+Fields
> >
> >Let me know if that doesn't work and I can dig some more.
>
> I had a look at this, but I don't have the necessary Karma. The doc says
> you need "global administration rights", I guess I only have admin
> rights on the Forrest project.

Yes only me. I will ask about permissions at Infra.

In the meantime, if there is something specific
to be done, then just give me instructions.

I had a quick go today, but don't have much time.

> This will probably have to be done by infra, but if it truly is global
> (i.e. affects all projects) we may find some resistance to doing it.

I gather (not Jira expert) that we can configure our
own schemes for various things.

I created our own "Field Configuration" and
"Field Configuration Scheme" and set Component to be
required. Also tweaked some of the field descriptions.

Perhaps we should look at other projects such as Cocoon
and get ideas for enhancing ours. Jira is immensely
configurable. Anyway, now that we have our own config,
we can do whatever we want.

-David